Easy and Affordable Ways to Update Your Home
While time and your budget don’t always allow for a complete home makeover, there are some easy and affordable ways to bring new life to the spaces in your home. From re-purposing furniture items to creating focal points and adding touches of modern decor, your home can feel new again!
When you think creatively, it’s easy to give old items new life.
- Paint wooden picture frames for a cohesive collection of wall photo art.
- Paint potted plant holders to quickly add color to a dull area.
- Reupholster throw pillows with a patterned fabric to liven up any room (using clothing you don’t wear anymore is a free way of getting the fabric).
Related Reading: 7 Ways to Display Framed Photos ~ Inspiration for Your Home
Create Focal Points
Affordable accessories are an easy way to update your space and add pops of color to each room.
- Try hanging different-sized picture frames in clusters above a large piece of furniture like a table, couch, or bed.
- Display groups of colored candles or colored glass vases on tables, windowsills, or bookshelves to draw the eye around the room.
- Choose an accent wall and paint it a bold color. This looks especially nice on a wall with a fireplace or behind a bed.
Change up Your Decor
- Simply moving your decor items from one room to another is free way to get a new look. While you’re not buying new items, you can completely transform the look of your space.
- Move furniture items around in the same room or swap out small tables and lighting to another room.
- Give a new look to a dining room or kitchen by decorating with fruit like oranges and pears. This is a great way to add pops of color to your space.
Related Reading: Guide to Paint Finishes and Where They Work Best
What have you done to improve the look of your home without a costly remodel?
Thanks for reading my blog! It is my goal as your full service real estate Realtor specializing in the Richmond Hill, Savannah, Pooler, and Hinesville – Georgia areas, to provide you with exceptional service at all times. My promise to you is to openly and honestly answer all your questions, help you navigate through the process and to make myself available to you day and night. I work for you and you are my priority. My local expertise and extensive real estate training and experience will benefit you whether you are serious about buying or selling a home at this time, or are a returning client checking out the many homeowner resources I offer. I am a “real” person and my reputation depends on every client, every deal, every day. I LOVE my job and it shows! You can also connect with me on my Facebook Page and/or Google Plus for area info and events, things to do, real estate news, home ownership tips, tips for both buyers and sellers, and so much more! I’m also on Pinterest!